Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fashionista

In order to clock in for work at Old Navy you must walk through the entire store to the very back where there is a room that can only be unlocked through a top-secret, employee-only code. As I walked in to the store to start my shift, a certain item of clothing caught my eye. Now, let me say first that I am no fashionista, I do my best to not look homely and I would consider myself a fashion conscious person, but by no means a trendsetter of any kind. So, to those of you out there who know that this item of clothing is back in style and choose to wear it, awesome. For those of us born in the 80s and have no wish to return to those scrunchie wearing, big hair, big T-shirt days, this post is for you. The item I am of course referring to is....stirrup pants.
I am pretty sure when I was younger I had several pairs of stirrup pants in magenta, purple, and then of course classic black. They went with everything...dog sweaters, Mickey and Minnie tie dye shirts, and my striped turtlenecks. Never did I think I would see the day when these would return. But they have, and the poor teenagers of this generation must suffer what I did as a young child...the fate of looking back at stirrup pants pictures. I mourn for them, as I did for myself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no. are you SERIOUS?!?! boy oh boy. who gets to make the decision as to what things get to make a come back?... i need to have a word with them.

aside from this terribly sad account on st... stirr... nope can't say it.. on the 'you know whats', i hope life is wonderful for you! keep updating so i can know how you are.

lovelovelovelove!!

alice-anne said...

NOT okay. although i must say that i did enjoy a good pair of stirrup pants in my day. i just couldn't figure out how to keep the stirrups on my feet. i tried putting socks OVER the pants (you know, the neon scrunchy ones), but then the stirrup would just slide out and wiggle around in the sock...

seriously, they were the most miserable article of clothing i've ever worn, second only (maybe) to that spandex get-up we had to wear under our costumes in beauty and the beast.

ECW said...

I think I had a pair of lime green ones.